Each January Academy District 20 hosts a school choice application window, offering the opportunity for students living in or out of district boundaries to apply to the school of their choice.
School Choice is mandated by Colorado state law and students are accepted based on space availability.
How Choice Applications Work
Learn about the great programs and differences of each district school. Every school conducts a choice information night to help community members learn about their school.
- Apply for the school(s) of your choice by completing an application, available early January. When completing your application, be sure to list your top 2 schools.
- Once your application is complete, print and sign, then fax or deliver the Choice application to Central Registry:
719-234-1286, 1110 Chapel Hills Drive.
- Parent/Guardian will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance via email by April 1, 2019.
Applications are not considered on a first-come-first-serve basis. There is a priority process for how applications are measured.
Priority is given in this order:
- In-district families with siblings already attending the choice school;
- In-district families with no siblings attending the choice school;
- Out-of-district employee children;
- Returning out-of-district students;
- New out-of-district students.
*If more students apply than available seats, a lottery is held by priority category.