The new Chinook Trail Middle School, scheduled to open in 2019, will house approximately 1,080 6-8 grade students. The middle school will be designed with occupant health and wellness in mind, and will feature multiple flexible learning spaces both indoors and out.
The new middle school will be located next to the existing Chinook Trail Elementary School, which will receive an expansion of its kitchen into a full prep kitchen serving both the elementary and middle schools.
- Learning communities for each grade featuring pods with classrooms for math, English, social studies and science lab, plus small group study rooms and flex-use space
- Cafeteria combines space for the commons and stage with retractable auditorium seating
- Learning Commons with maker space and computer labs, small group study space, learning / presentation stairway to second floor, and instructional and outdoor learning areas
- Building design promotes strong ties to nature through outdoor plaza and courtyards for dining, socializing and learning
- Focus on sustainable design practices and optimal use of natural light for student health and wellbeing