Tuition-Free, Full-Day Kindergarten
Academy District 20 offers tuition-free, full-day kindergarten.
All of our elementary schools offer families exceptional kindergarten programs without any tuition. You can be sure that your student receives the very best education at any of our schools.
Enrolling In Kindergarten
Students Attending Their Assigned Neighborhood School
Students living within their neighborhood school boundaries must complete the following three steps:
- Step One: Complete Online Registration.
- Step Two: Review the Student Registration Checklist.
- Step Three: Visit Central Registry at the Education and Administration Center.
Students Applying to a Non-Assigned School
Students living outside Academy District 20 boundaries, or students living within Academy District 20 but wishing to attend a school other than their assigned neighborhood school, must complete the following four steps:
- Step One: Complete the Kindergarten Open Enrollment application before the enrollment deadline.
- You will receive your application acceptance/denial email the week following enrollment closure.
- All open enrollments are based on space availability.
- Step Two: If your application is accepted, complete the Online Registration.
- Step Three: Review the Student Registration Checklist.
- Step Four: Visit Central Registry at the Education and Administration Center.
School fees may apply and are determined by each school. Contact your school for more details.
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before October 1 of the upcoming school year.
District transportation options are available for full-day kindergarten.