Initiatives for 2019-2020
Each year the Superintendent names important initiatives that are the focus for improvement over that year.
- Achievement Gap – Reduce the achievement gap among and for targeted subgroup populations.
- Third Grade Reading–All students will read at grade level by the end of third grade.
- 2020 Standards Implementation–Lead the district‐wide implementation of the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards across all content areas.
- Site‐Based Decision Making–Review and update existing policies and practices regarding Site‐Based Leadership/Management to reflect the current environment.
- Strategic Planning–Lead efforts to begin the development of a five‐year strategic plan.
- Digital Resources in the Classroom – Develop a philosophy on the use of technology to support teaching and learning in elementary, middle, and high school classrooms.
- Social‐Emotional Learning (SEL) – Collect student and staff data regarding social‐emotional wellness to evaluate and improve SEL programming.
- Building Program–Update projections for issuing the remaining $61.025 million of bonding authority granted by voters in 2016 and continue to deliver bond projects in compliance with the commitment to patrons via Board Resolution 205‐16.